Road Trip to the Drive-In: ROBOCOP / THE TERMINATORyear-round
American Cinematheque’s Road Trip to the Drive-In: ROBOCOP / THE TERMINATOR
Co-presented by Beyond Fest and the Mission Tiki Drive in Theatre!
August 13th | 8:30PM | Mission Tiki Drive in Theatre
The American Cinematheque’s Summer Drive-In Series continues at the Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, located at 10798 Ramona Ave, Montclair, CA 91763. The event will include a double feature of ROBOCOP / THE TERMINATOR.
We recommend arriving up to an hour and a half before showtime, as the line for entering the lot can take a long time. We will have a music playlist to entertain you as you enter. The drive-in opens at 7:30pm. There are several screens at the theatre (any lane gets you into any screen); Cinematheque signage will direct you to our event in Lot 3.
YOU MUST PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES! Please park your car in a checkerboard pattern.
NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON PREMISES.
About the films:
ROBOCOP,1987, Park Circus/MGM, 102 min, USA, Dir: Paul Verhoeven. Peter Weller stars as a murdered Detroit police officer who is brought back to life as an unstoppable cyborg cop in director Paul Verhoevens action-packed satire. Costarring Nancy Allen, Ronny Cox and Miguel Ferrer.
THE TERMINATOR, 1984, Park Circus/MGM, 108 min, USA, Dir: James Cameron. “Ill be back,” growls metal-machine Arnold Schwarzenegger – and James Camerons career kicked into overdrive with this story of a cyborg killer from the future tracking down human prey Linda Hamilton. Shot on a very lean budget of $6.5 million, with excellent F/X by Stan Winston and Fantasy II, THE TERMINATOR is pulp sci-fi at its very best. “I dont think we were trying to set the world on fire … I just came up with a way of juxtaposing futuristic elements with a kind of everyday reality.” – Cameron.
Notes regarding tickets:
Tickets sales on Brown Paper Tickets end at 3pm on the day of the event (8/13). There will NOT be tickets on sale at box office. This is the only place to purchase tickets.
Tickets are sold by car, not passengers. Your ticket MUST reflect the number of passengers in your vehicle (1 , 2, 3, 4, or 5). Passengers within vehicle SHOULD NOT each purchase individual tickets. If you wish to add passengers and upgrade your ticket after purchasing, please contact [email protected]
Tickets bought here on Brown Paper Tickets guarantees admittance to both features. There will be a 15-20 minute break between features. If you plan to arrive only for the second feature, we recommend arriving at 10:00pm or earlier.
Details About the Venue:
The Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre is located at 10798 Ramona Ave, Montclair, CA 91763.
The audio for the movies is broadcast through an FM transmitter (radio), so make sure you have a good sound system in your vehicle. If you don’t have an FM transmitter in your car you can bring a battery-operated stereo with speakers to hear the movies. FM Frequency for the show is: 89.5 FM
There is a full snack bar onsite.
Instructions: Entering the Drive Thru and Parking
- We suggest that you arrive to the theater 90 minutes before show time.
- If you intend to see the second show only, plan to arrive thirty minutes before the start of the second show.
- You must not leave your vehicle when checking into the drive in.
- Any lane gets you into any screen.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH.
- You must social distance park your vehicles and leave one parking spot between cars on each side (park in a checkerboard pattern).
- Large SUVs should sit in the back half of the theater as to not obstruct the view of other moviegoers.
- Turn off your headlights as to not interrupt the viewing experience for other moviegoers.
- Drivers concealing another person(s) will be turned away without refund.
- All cars are subject to search.
- This theater and management and the American Cinematheque assumes no responsibility of injury, situations beyond our control or property damage.
- You must wear a mask when outside your vehicle to visit the bathroom and snack bar.
- You must only view the movie from inside your vehicle.
- You must practice social distancing at all times.
- You may bring your own food, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- You may not park your vehicle within six feet of another vehicle.
- You may not sit on top of your car, sit outside of your car or gather with others around your car.
- Hatchbacks that extend beyond the roof of the car must remain closed.
- You must not leave your vehicle unless visiting the bathroom or snack bar.
- You may not switch your car around to watch a movie on a different screen.
- No alcohol, marijuana or drugs are allowed.
- No firearms or weapons of any kind.
- No animals allowed (with the exception of service animals).
- No campers, trailers and oversized vehicles that take up more than one parking space are allowed.
*If you do not follow the above guidelines, you will be asked to leave without refund.
ALL SALES FINAL: NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES